At Dal Lago Law, we understand that our business law clients need more than just a legal service provider: they need trusted advisors and counselors with forward-thinking and creative solutions. This is precisely what Dal Lago Law can offer you and your company.
Dal Lago Law has a dynamic, sophisticated corporate practice that represents businesses in all stages of development, from entrepreneurs and start-ups, to growth-stage companies and well-established businesses in Naples, Fort Myers, Sarasota and Tampa. We focus on forming a partnership with our clients, which allows us to work with you and your company in an efficient and cost-effective manner, so that you can grow your business into a successful enterprise. With our bankruptcy expertise, we can also help clients anticipate, prepare for and avoid financial distress before it occurs.
In today’s business world, legal advice must be provided swiftly and accurately. At Dal Lago Law, we pride ourselves on our level of client responsiveness and on our ability to provide prudent, commercially minded advice at each phase of a business’ development.
Examples of the work we do include:
- Advising and assisting in legal formation, including choice of entity structure, founder arrangements, qualifications to do business, and other start-up checklist items
- Reviewing business plans to help position companies for financing
- Structuring stock option, restricted stock, and other equity incentive programs
- Advising with regard to fiduciary duties, corporate governance, and compliance issues
- Negotiating debt financings such as working capital lines of credit, term loans, and equipment lease financings
- Structuring and developing employment agreements, offer letters, confidentiality and non-compete agreements, and invention assignment agreements
- Developing employee handbooks, policies, and compliance with employment laws
- Developing and negotiating licensing agreements, software development agreements, distribution agreements, and other commercial agreements
- Assisting in structuring and developing joint venture and strategic partnering agreements
- Employee termination, severance, and litigation matters
- Attending board meetings and advising on corporate governance matters
- Serving as outside general counsel and advisor to management and boards of directors
- Guidance on structuring efficient sales, supply or licensing agreements, consulting or similar business arrangements, and other essential contracts and relationships, so that your business interests are protected
- Counseling on the fiduciary duties of officers and directors, including the proper powers of board members, their interaction with management and their responsibilities to shareholders
- Collaborating with privately owned and family owned businesses and their management to develop appropriate entity structures, financial strategies and succession plans
- Serving Southwest Florida including Naples, Fort Myers, Sarasota and Tampa.